Research Centres - Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering of our institution has been recognized as a Research Center with effect from January 2013. The Faculty Members of this department can interact with Anna University for Collaborative research for the purpose of pursuing Ph.D / M.S.(By Research) Programmes
Highlights of EEE Department Research Centre
- The Department has been recognized as Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai since January 2013.
- The Department has achieved more than 50 Research Publications since Research Centre Recognition.
- The Major Research Areas of the Department are Smart Grid Technology, Power System Deregulation, Soft Computing Techniques, Design and Analysis of Power Converters, Renewable Energy Systems, Energy Conservation and Electrical Drives.
- The research centre has 4 Faculty members with Ph.D. Qualification, out of which three of them are recognized as Research Supervisors by Anna University, Chennai.
- Twenty One Research Scholars have registered for Ph.D. Programme in the Department Research Centre, out of them 20 of them are in Part-Time Category and one in Full-Time Category.
- The infrastructure and facilities in the department of EEE is excellent and using these facilities the department of EEE is assisting local industries in analysis of their samples. There are 25 staff in the department of EEE with different fields of specialization and vast experience.
- The Faculty members and Research Scholars of our department consistently publish papers in referred National & International Journals/Conferences.
- The department has procured latest softwares like ETAP, CYME, POWER WORLD SIMULATOR to cope with the research needs.
- The major equipments available for research are 5kW and 25 kW Solar Power Plant with grid tied inverter, BLDC Drive, Power Converters, Small Size Solar Panels, Various Microcontrollers, Various Electrical Machines and Various Meters.
- The Department is regularly conducting National Conference on Advanced Technologies in Electrical Engineering ATEE every academic year.