The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profit making society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education. The ISTE Chapter has been established at our college and functioning from the year 2000. The objective of the ISTE Chapter is to keep the faculty members of the College updated about the recent technologies. The Institute arranges lectures thrice in one semester and invites eminent personalities from Industries and other Organizations to deliver lecture at our campus. The topics of the lectures are decided by the speakers. These topics are related to their work experience at their organization.
|ISTE CHAPTER CHAIRMAN||Dr.Anant Achary,
Principal, Kamaraj College of Engg & Tech.
|ISTE Faculty Advisor||Mrs. R.Shanthi
Assistant Professor/ EEE Dept
Objectives of ISTE Chapter
The major objectives of the ISTE are:
- To apply curriculum and educational processes to changing conditions.
- To develop excellent teachers and educational administrators.
- To improve teaching methods and practices and administrative usages. To enhance Professional ideals and standards to improve academics.
- To make an effective linkage between technical institutions, industry and society.
Activities of ISTE Chapter
- Arranging Seminars on new technologies by experts for teaching faculties.
- Promoting staffs to interact with the industries.
- Oriented programs in various streams of Engineering. Assisting staff members to participate in various International & National Conferences.