Department of Physical Education
Education makes the man, Physical Education makes the complete man. To enlighten the students physically fit and mentally tough.
Physical Education department has been functioning from 1998 onwards. In the starting, we had Ball Badminton Court, Volleyball and Badminton Court. We have laid Tennis court in the year of 2003. 200 M track, Football field, Hockey field laid down in the year of 2004. A concrete basket ball court with floodlight laid in the year 2005. It has now grown up with separate Gym for Boys Hostel and Girls Hostel.
- A well equipped and sixteen station gym is available in the Boys Hostel and well equipped Gym in the Girls Hostel also.
- We have appointed coaches for the following sports & games
c) Yoga (Boys)
d) Yoga (Girls)
e) Weight Lifting & Power lifting.
- Kamaraj College of Engineering & Technology has got Fifth rank in Anna University Interzone Tournaments in the year 2005-2006.
- We are giving Yoga training in the Boys and Girls Hostel every day to the students. Our college Boys and Girls Yoga team have won Anna University Interzone Yoga Competition for consecutively three years (2003-2005).
- Our college Girls Athletic Team won championship consecutively six years in the Anna University 10th Zone Athletic Meet.
- We have achieved 10th Zone overall Champion Trophy during the year 2009 - 2010.
- Our college conducts sports day every year. Our students are eagerly participating in the Anna University tournaments and TIES.
- It is highly noted we have produced 41 University Players in various games so far.
- To strengthen the physical and mental strength of our students, Physical Education hour (one hour per week) made compulsory for first year students.
- Our college has been recognized as the sports co-ordinating centre for two years 2012–2013 & 2013–2014, for the Anna university 17th zone. Principal Dr.Anant Achary nominated as the sports co-ordinator and Mr.T.Pushparaj the director of physical education was nominated as the sports secretary.