Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (Permanently Affiliated by Anna University ,Chennai)
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
“To make the Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering of this institution a unique of its kind in the field of research and development activities in this part of world”
“To impart highly innovative and technical knowledge in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering to the urban and unreachable rural students folks through total quality education.
- 1.Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering problems.
- 2.Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching, substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- 3.Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for problems in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- 4.Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5.Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6.The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7.Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.
- 8.Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9.Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10.Communication: Communicate effectively on Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and receive clear instructions.
- 11.Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- 12.Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Educational Objective:
- 1.To provide basic fundamental knowledge in the subjects such as mathematics, circuit theory, measurements, control systems, devices and circuits to solve the real time problems in any applications.
- 2.To prepare the students strong in the core subjects using modern tools, interaction with and value added courses to meet the industry requirements.
- 3.To promote students awareness in professional ethics and life-long learning.
Programme Specific Outcomes:
- 1.Ability to apply the knowledge in core subjects of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering course to identify, analyze, interpret and solve the real time engineering problems.
- 2.Ability to use engineering techniques, skills, tools and research based knowledge to accomplish instrumentation and automatic control systems and thereby, engage in life-long learning.