Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Permanently Affiliated by Anna University ,Chennai)
About the Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2002. It offers undergraduate program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with a sanctioned intake of 120. In the year 2012 Postgraduate program in Power Systems engineering was started with an annual intake of 18 seats. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), AICTE, New Delhi. in 2008 and 2013-15
The Department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated team of 29 faculty members with specialization in various fields like Power systems, Power electronics, Instrumentation Engineering and Applied electronics. The Department is recognized as Centre for Research by Anna University, Chennai and 4 of our faculty members are recognized Research Supervisors, who are guiding 20 research scholars registered in our research centre. The department promotes research and development in thrust areas like Smart Grid, High voltage engineering, Renewable energy, Nanotechnology, etc.
The Department houses state-of-art laboratory with modern Infrastructure and high-end equipments. Students are given wide practical exposure and hands on training in various domains during laboratory sessions. The Department has established Industry-Institute Interaction, through which students undergo implant training, internships, industry specific projects, etc. The Department has the credit of consistently producing good number of university rank holders every academic year and also bags a good placement record. The Department organizes guest lectures, workshops, seminars, conferences, symposiums, technical contests, etc to showcase the talents of our students in various co-curricular activities. The Department has MoU’S with presumed companies like Cranes Software Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, National Instruments, Bangalore and StarCom Information Technology Ltd., Chennai.
“To impart highly innovative and technical knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to the urban and unreachable rural student folks through Total Quality Education”.
“To make the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of this Institution a unique of its kind in the field of Research and Development activities in this part of world”.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
1. To provide basic knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and necessary foundation in various concepts of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
2. To impart training to enable the students to envisage the real time problems related to the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and allied areas faced by the Industries so as to model, analyze and provide appropriate solutions.
3. To provide an academic environment for the students to develop team spirit, leadership qualities, communication skills and soft skills.
4. To motivate students to prepare for competitive examinations enabling them to pursue higher studies thereby promoting research and development activities.
Program Outcomes (POs)
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of electrical and electronics engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze electrical and electronics engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for problems in the field of electrical and electronics engineering and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the electrical and electronics engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on electrical and electronics engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
1. Ability to design and solve problems in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering by applying the knowledge acquired from Circuit & Field theory, Control theory, Electric Power Systems, Analog Electronics & other allied topics.
2. Ability to understand the recent technological developments in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and develop products/software to cater the Societal & Industrial needs.