About the Department:
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 1998 with the initial intake of 40. The primary objective of our department is to provide "Total Quality Education" in the field of Information and Communication Engineering, amid 120 students per year.
Computer Science & Engineering, a dazzling department for ever is always a forerunner in imparting innovative & technical knowledge to the aspirants.The department of Computer Science and Engineering has excellent infrastructure facilities and is powered with the highly sophisticated lab with higher configuration systems and servers with the recent software updates to meet the demands of the IT industry, Research and Development organizations and computer related areas.
About Centre of Excellence in Data Science & Predictive Technologies:
The Centre of Excellence in Data Science & Predictive Technologies is inaugurated by Dr.Murli Mohan, Head, BIG DATA Initiatives. We have completed three batches of training to 84 students and they have completed International certification exam in Data Science & Big Data Analytics conducted by DELL EMC. The benefits of conducting the Course on Data Science & Big Data Analytics and having Centre of Excellence are
- Book Material And Question Bank will be given by ICTACT.
- Training, Project Evaluation and mock Exam by ICTACT Experts.
- Online Resources to the Students
- Certificate Tracking
- Inside Campus Exam
- International Certificate in Recent Technology within Academic Duration.
- Prometric Centre
- EMC logo can be added in the Resume
- Employment opportunity as Data Scientist
- Students may participate in Project Competition, do projects and publish papers.
Inaugural of Centre of Excellence by Dr.MurliMohan , Head, Big Data Initiative Division
About DELLEMC ICT Academy:
DELLEMC collaborates with colleges and universities worldwide to help prepare students for successful careers in a transforming IT industry. The DELLEMC External Research & Academic Alliance program offers unique ‘open’ curriculum-based education on technology topic such as cloud computing, big data analytics, information storage and management, and backup recovery systems and architecture. The courses focus on technology concepts and principles applicable to any vendor environment, enabling students to develop highly marketable knowledge and skills required in today’s evolving IT industry.ICT Academy has also been helping educational institutions in Tamil Nadu and rest of the country, produce more employable and industry ready professionals. Sharing the same vision as DELLEMC, ICT Academy has partnered with DELLEMC External Research & Academic Alliance to prepare the next generation of IT professionals for careers in Cloud, Virtualization, Big Data Analytics and Security.
Vision of Centre of Excellence in Data Science & Predictive Technologies:
The vision of the centre is to facilitate quality data science education, research and industrial collaboration to solve real world problems related to data.
Mission of Centre of Excellence in Data Science & Predictive Technologies:
The mission of the centre is to promote research education in the field of Data Science and Big Data Analytics.
- DELL . INSPIRON Core i5 - 18 Nos.
Core i5-4570@ 3.2 Ghz/4GB RAM/500GB HDD
18.5” LCD Monitor
- 2. DELL .INSPIRON Core i5 - 4 Nos.
Core i5-4570@ 3.2 Ghz/8GB RAM/500GB HDD
- 10 KVA Sun Maruthi Online UPS with 15 Batteries - 1 No.
- 1. Sony LCD Projector Model VPL –DX-102 - 1 No.
- LCD Projector Screen -1 No
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
- Faculty Development Programme on “Big Data Analytics” certified by DELL EMC.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Introduction to Hadoop(HortonWorks)” certified by ICT Academy
- Faculty Development Programme on “Active learning “ by Infosys Campus Connect
SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- Skill Development Programme on “Data Science and Big Data Analytics using R Programming” certified by DELL EMC
- Skill Development Programme on “Python” for school students
Students project on Data Science and Big Data analytics for prediction.
Proposal on Data Science related works to government or private organization
Consultant Activities towards Data Science and Big Data areas for Industries and organization
Active participation of course completed students in NASSCOM Competition and Kaggle Competition
Skill Development Programme in "Data Science and Big Data Analytics"
To expand our knowledge and let our students grow in the field of R, we have started a Skill Development Programme in "Data Science and Big Data Analytics" co-ordinated by
Ms.R. Saranya, AP/CSE .
We have rolled out four batches of students.
No. of Students
8th August – 12th August 2016
29th August – 2nd September, 2016
6th January – 12th January, 2017
19th September-23rd September 2017
- In this one team has been selected and participated in second round.
- In which one of the students Grace Vincelin Selin has been selected in “Quadrant 4” for the technical round as she had the knowledge of R and she has been called to Chennai for the third round in R.
- Two of our students from Third year have submitted paper regarding "Analysis in Lung Cancer" at ISRO Sponsored Indian Conference on Big Data Analytics
- Three of our students from Final year have submitted paper regarding "Analysis in Banking Customer Analysis" at ISRO Sponsored Indian Conference on Big Data Analytics.